25 Quotes That Inspire Me to be Kind to Myself through Chronic Illness
“Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.” — unknown
As a chronic illness sufferer, you are bound to have bad days.
In essence, I’ve learned to be kinder to myself — to show myself love in the moments when I feel like I don’t deserve it.
But, it’s on those “bad days” that it takes extra effort. Today, on World Kindness Day, I wanted to take the time to say it’s just as important to be kind to yourself as it is to be kind to others.
Kindness starts with YOU.
When you are kind to yourself, love, gratitude and appreciation instantly spread throughout your community through your words, body language and inner glow. It makes kindness contagious.
“Showing kindness to the other person impacts the other person and changes you.” — Shaunti Feldhahn
I also wanted to share with you a list of quotes, mantras and affirmations that have inspired me to be kinder to myself. All these have helped turn my bad days into better days, my better days into good days and my good days into great days.
And, I hope they help you too. Remember: Kind words cost nothing.
- I can do this. I am not my pain. — @thedailymigraine
- I am allowed to focus on what I need to do for ME.
- I will make it through this and it will make me stronger.
- Trust the universe; let life unfold with ease.
- Think healing thoughts.
- I will not fear anxiety. I will show it love.
- Less trying, more trusting.
- Interrupt anxiety with gratitude.
- Positive mind. Positive vibes. Positive life.
- Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
- Live more, worry less.
- If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
Self Care/Self Love
- Be the best version of you.
- Be thankful for the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser and humble. Don’t let them break you, let them make you.
- You are not unreliable, your health is.
- Working on yourself is not selfish.
- Be gentle with yourself, you’re doing the best you can.
- Self care is not selfish. You cannot serve others when you are drained.
- You’re not alone on your journey.
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself.
- Take good care of your heart. Take good care of your mind. Take good care of your spirit. Take good care of your energy. Protect the soul.
- A warrior feeds her body well. She trains it, works on it. Where she lacks knowledge, she studies. But above all, she must believe in her strength of will, purpose, and heart and soul.
- “The more we love ourselves, the more easily prosperity and miracles can flow into our lives. Self love has the power to release all blocks.” – yung pueblo
- “Self care is a divine responsibility.” – Danielle LaPorte
- “You aren’t what’s happened to you, you’re how you’ve overcome it.” – Beau Taplin
(All the above have been credited when an original source was found. If I missed you, please let me know and I will add your name beside your words <3)