When inspiration strikes, move fast.
Has anyone else been hit by a cold/flu virus these last few days? It hit my house HARD yesterday so past noon, we were flip-flopping between the couch and our bed. But, of course, inspiration would strike while the dishes are piling up, we’re running out of tissues and my hair is piled on top of my head in what only those who truly love me would call a messy bun.
As luck would have it, my friend Adrian tagged me on a Facebook post about a turmeric smoothie. Perfect timing, Adrian!!
1) I had all the ingredients
2) Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon are great at fighting nasty cold/flu bugs, and
3) I had some locally-made Wild Ginger kombucha on hand to take this smoothie from great to amazing with the addition of some gut-healthy probiotics!
Immune system boost, here we come.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup Wild Ginger kombucha from Wild Tea Kombucha
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen banana
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Sunwarrior)
- pinch of salt
Mix all in a blender then top with chia seeds and goji berries.
Recipe adapted from GreenMedinfo