Before we begin, I gotta let you know Wild Tea Kombucha kindly sent some of their products to try. Read my full disclosure policy here.
It’s summertime and just because we all can’t be in a tropical destination, it doesn’t mean we can’t pull up a lawn chair, plop our feet in a kiddie pool and sip a fruity (and boozy, if the moment allows) beverage.
I remember being 16 and 17, and being allowed a quick sip of my parent’s alcoholic drinks. Of course, the more potent ones and beer had me swearing I would never drink, but damn, those sweet, fruity, slushy concoctions where the booze was barely detectable tasted justtt fine. It was no coincidence most of my first nights out on the town as a legal 18-year-old included Bellini’s, Strawberry Daiquiris and Mojitos. Those sugar and alcohol-induced hangovers got old pretty quick and I switched to vodka waters with a slice of lime — alcohol, hydration and hint of citrus…I’m a genius, I know.
Now as a chronic migraineur who rarely indulges in a cocktail, I rely on kombucha and fun, light smoothies to fuel my party cravings.
So, without further ado, here’s my version of a tipsy tropical cocktail minus the buzz — unless you’re having a good time… that’s a buzz all in itself!
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup frozen mango
- ½ coconut milk
- ½ cup Wild Tea Kombucha’s Pineapple Mojito Kombucha
- ½ inch piece, fresh ginger
- Water, as need
- 1 scoop of protein powder if you’re making this as a breakfast smoothie
- 1 oz. of vodka or rum if you’re making this a cocktail
1) Peel ginger.
2) Add all ingredients to a blender and mix it up!
3) Thin with water as needed if you’re turning this into a cocktail or smoothie.
4) Pour into a glass and garnish with a pineapple slice and dried coconut chips.